Happy Veteran's Day! As a kid I remember this not meaning much to me except getting the day off school. Our Junior high and High School band used to go to the Alamosa, CO parade and march, and that was fun but again a day off school.
Today as my girls were in a chorus concert at a neighboring senior community, and as they were singing their hearts out to patriotic songs, it hit me. God has blessed this land and we are BLESSED to live here. My Father was and our neighbor's husband is currently serving in Iraq for 1 year (for the 3rd time!!) in the Army
Caleb's grandfather was in the Navy,
Jon, my bro-in-law (has served many 4-5 month tours in the middle East)is in the Air Force
and we are honored that they haved served our country. As I watched these veterans today, it was humbling. I think of all the liberals who choose not to say the pledge of allegiecne or acknowledge the flag or National Anthem and I dare them to go to an elementary school chorus concert for Veterans and NOT feel the pride and love for America!! It was awesome and I will never feel the same about Veteran's Day.






4 comments:
I agree Susan, this was so special and I'm glad my kids were part of it. I saw a few veteran's wipe tears away and it was very neat to witness. I wish that everybody living in America understood how blessed they are to live in this great country.
What a great experience for all the kids. I'm sure they'll never forget it.
I love that there are still people out there that understand what it means to take pride in this country and how indebted we are to those that have served and are now serving. What an amazing experience for your children!
So Cute Suze- My dad was in the Navy and he doesnt talk about it much but I know that the way this country has turned has saddened him. I wish that people could understand the magnitude of our freedoms. The kids sound great!
Post a Comment