Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Duel is Settled...for this year

The joking, the smack-talking, the ribbing, the TPing,...oh what fun it is! Especially when the team you are rooting for actually wins!!! Our family is and always be rooting for the Runnin' UTES, baby! I had one bewildered teenager in pure BYU induced-coma-innocence ask,"I just don't get why you are U fans". Well once you pay tuition and eat, drink, sleep at a university, you start to feel loyal to that said university! With the Heap's, it will be forever more the University of Utah! Caleb graduated with not one, but 2 bachelors from the U of U, the first being Exercise and Sport Science and the 2nd is Public Relations (just in case anyone reading this knows of any great jobs just waiting for a great guy named Caleb Heap!! ;-) )

Anyway, back to the rivalry...Utah vs BYU. My extended family is split about half n half. We have a lot of fun joking thru out the year and especially the week of the big game. This year, not being close to family, we Heap's had to reach out to some of our ward family with our U of U LOVE!!

SHHH, DAViS being sneaky!!

I made our BYU friends a little first aid kit, knowing that heart-ache can bring about others life-threatening symptoms.

Pre-Game Confidence

After Game RELief

Retaliation from our opponents!!

We do have a couple of mutinious,DisCENtERs, it cuts like a knife to have some of our own flesh and blood betray us but ADDI and BRYNN have taken aliking to BYU (I think GRma & grPA have swayed them to the dark side). If you look closely in the above photo, you can see Brynn risking her own life to show her true colors by raising a #1 finger in support of the retailation! Brynn... tsk,tsk.

BCS, BCS ENJOY the Show

8 comments:

Teresa said...

You are one competitive family (but then we knew that already)!! Can't quite figure out who the most likely devestated "Y" ward family was with the white van...... wait....I think I know...start with a C????

Jon and Janene said...

Brynn and Addi are my new favorite neices. You go girls. Caleb, when i was young I always said I didn't have to claim you because we were adopted. It is at times like these that I choose to act on my right not to claim you as blood again. GO COUGARS. I'm sure the Ute fans were all so very DRUNK and HAPPY after the game, while us lowly cougar fans are not allowed to go drown our sorrows in ALCOHOL, POT, and whatever other illegal substances might be found on the U campus. Until next year my unrelated brother,relish your happiness while you can.

melinda said...

That gave me such a good laugh! I already loved Brynn, but now I just love her that much more! She was totally cracking me up at church on Sunday. She must be one smart little cookie and very sensible staying true to the good side while living among all that yoot influence. ;)

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Love this post and your families passion. You're right when you pay tuition at a school it becomes very important to you. Thats why I've got to say...it was a fluke.
Go BYU!

Barbara said...

Wait, Wait.... I guess I have to say Go ITT Tech, U of P and WIU. Oh,... they are for adults, they don't have sport programs!!! Just kidding! Glad you guys had fun. Wait a minute. I should have cheered for BYU. I have attended BYU. Every year for the last 6. I go to women's conference. There you go!

Danielle said...

YOu guys are so funny. Although the Cougars lost, I am still Blue through and through. I was just excited to see you got a new VAN. I am so jealous. What happened to the "old reliable" van?

Devon Barlettano said...

I love your blog! Your family looks like they know how to have a serious good time! The pictures are a riot!! And I really like your choice in John Mayer songs -- I love his music. In fact, I continue to copy your blog and have added a playlist to mine. I appreciate you showing me how to start up a blog. Thanks!!

mpal said...

Cute family picture and pictures of your kids!