Addi and I had so much fun this year at Girl's Camp. The theme was Once Upon a Princess--can you think of a better theme for a ton of girls? It was fun to wear tiaras, glitter, pink and of course, the BLING--Diamonds (or rhinestones!!). Hopefully all the young women went home knowing they are daughters of a King and they are loved. Our cabin had a lot of fun together laughing into all hours of the night, the later it got, the sillier we got!
Addi and Brttney hoping for a Prince!!

Second year girls, our two awesome youth camp leaders and cabin moms
Here are my feet after our LOOOONG hike. It looks like I wore sandals but this is just the dirt that sifted through the mesh on my tennis shoes and what looks like ankle bracelets is from the tight elastic on my socks. Notice the princess pedicure still shines through the dirt! :)
The second year hike was supposed to be a challenge. Get to the rim of the canyon. The trail hasn't been hiked from over 7 years because of fire and other things. It used to be a strenuous hike of switchbacks but about 5 miles in 3.5 hours. Well, we start our hike and go at least 1/2 mile the wrong way back track and get on our way. Then our hike turned into straight up hill for many hours and then straight down hill in the V of the canyon!! 9 miles and 7 hours later we are back at camp--filthy but surprisingly in good spirits! We can do hard things!!!
Here is the cable to help us down on the steeper parts of the trail!! Not one of the 68 girls was hurt on this hike! On the way up we were climbing up and around boulders and this was on the way down! Girl Power!!!
Addi-Master of the Stilts!
2 comments:
I must admit I am a little jealous. Girls camp looks like it was a blast! I always loved going to girls cam as a YW and YCL. The hike sounded long and awesome.
I love all the info. about girls camp. Thanks all your great service to the young woman.
Lisa
Post a Comment