Monday, August 25, 2008

My life is Back

I feel like I have been released from TV prison! Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Olympics fan and can't wait until it is here. This year I was even going to stop the 2 year long, self-inflicted drought of NO cable. I made arrangements to have satellite installed and join the 21st century and get DVR to record what I would miss! But Dish Network had other plans by scheduling and then saying they were out of receivers and we would be able to get it Aug 31!!! Fine then, I will do without!

With or without cable, our TV was on 24/7 to see all the action. Our favorites were Michael Phelps (of course!), Usain "Lightening"Bolt, the gymnastics, volleyball (coulda done without the beach volleyball uniforms!), and all the interesting stories they tell about the athletes and about China! Love it but it will be good to go to bed before 12 am again!!

Our ward's 4th annual retreat was this weekend and it was a lot of fun as usual! 40+/- women with no kids and plenty of yummy food to eat and no where to go...what more could you ask for?! Thanks to all who plan and execute a big project like that, way to go!! I brought a yummy corn/bean salsa and was asked to post my recipe so here goes:

Mexican Caviar:

2 cans Green Giant Mexi-corn

1 can black beans (rinsed)

4 green onions sliced

1 cup canola oil

1/3 c white wine vinegar

3 tsp tabesco sauce-more if you want it hotter

salt and pepper

1or 2 avacado (diced)

2 tomatoes (diced)

squeeze of fresh lime

Mix first three ingredints together. Mix marinade and pour over mixture and let sit as long as you can before serving. (I make in the morning and let it sit and serve that night.) Right before serving add tomatoes and avacados and lime. Stir and serve with tortilla chips. Also good on mexican food, hamburgers, etc. It is really good the next day so make extra!

4 comments:

Shari Tate said...

Hey Susan, thanks for posting your recipe!
My sister in law has one very similar with good seasons italian dressing on it...I love them both!
The problem is, it's so addicting I could eat the entire bowl!

Unknown said...

I have this same recipe but it's called Susan's Mexican Caviar. It is sooooo dang good.

Jason and Christina said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I would have to say that we did have a dang good time at our annual R.S. retreat!! Have a good day.
Christina

nbingham said...

Susan- Pretty good sportsmanship with my "random" questions. Heard the ward campout was fun, too. Dang- I miss the good stuff. And D-backs? Girl Where do you find the time? Get ready to rock in Rocky Point!!
Natalie