My-oh-my, how time flies! When I look back at the last time I updated our blog, I'm amazed that it is now Dec. 28. Here comes 2009. I just need to get all the past months activities off my chest and on to the blog so I won't feel guilty not showcasing all the kids wonderful talent! (Watch out...Mom's bragging!)
I think this picture of Brynn sums up December for us. We try focus time on both aspects of the Christmas season. Through the Christmas traditions we focus of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We sing songs that help us remember the birth of Christ. They also bring the Spirit of Jesus into our home. Brynn's Santa hat is the fun part of Christmas. Everyone loves to get gifts and we have tried to show how being the Giver is also special and fun!
The first concert of the Christmas season was Addi's band concert! Somehow these sneak up on us and it seems like we are going to a band concert every month! Don't get me wrong, We LOVE them, but with Addi playing percussion, we feel like we are there for someone else's kid. Hence no picture of Addi in her fine band concert attire. Next time you won't escape the camera Addi!
One fine Monday Eve, we went caroling with some neighbors! It happened to be slightly soggy outside with what Davis calls Arizona snow--Rain! Being a little chillier made it seem more of an adventure. We were all sitting on a trailer on haybales while Caleb sat in his preferred seat, the Driver's seat! It was fun trying to sing loud, stay warm, keep children from falling off , debating the words to songs and keeping the different sides of the trailer on the same song! Fun and memorable times!







4 comments:
Love your blog picture - Sounds like you had a wonderful Holiday season, with lots of fun activities. Maybe Mr. Durham will let us backstage during a concert so we can actually get a picture of Laura and Addi performing.
Sounds like you've had a great Christmas season! I love your blog-it's fun to read.
Great December pictures. Your family is so fun!
I absolutely love your family picture at the top. It is sooo stellar! Have a great new year!
Post a Comment